Friday 29 January 2016

Filming Evaluation - Day Four - The Forest

After watching all the footage we have of the forest scene, we decided that some of the shots were too shaky (due to the strong wind) and needed refilming. As I live next to the forest, I decided to film to shots on my own, with the help of my mum to man the camera.

We filmed on the 14th January 2016, at around 9:30am. Initially, I had to teach my mum how to use the camera, and the first few shots I had to set up the tripod and start recording before getting into position for the shot. After a while, my mum got used to using the camera and was able to film the shots for me - making the filming process more efficient. 
Together, we were able to film large amounts of footage which could be used, and we also experimented with creative shots - such as the reflection in the puddle followed by the splash.
 
When I took the footage in to school to show my group, they were very happy with what I had and it fit in with our drafted opening sequence. 

The only issue with my footage, is that on the first day of filming, I borrowed my sisters headphones, but when we filmed on the Thursday, she had taken them back to University, so I used Apple earphones instead. Personally, I prefer the Apple earphones to the headphones, but this means that some of our shots need to be re-filmed, as if we kept both sets of shots, there would be continuity errors with the change in headphones. 
I am planning to re-film some of the shots containing the old headphones and replace them with the new earphones. This will be done on the weekend of the 23/24th January.

Overall, although the day I filmed the shots was very cold at only 2 degrees Celsius, we managed to continue filming from 9:30 till 11:30am outside where I was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt, so between shots I had my coat on with gloves and a hat. The shots my mum and I filmed were perfect for our narrative and we will be incorporating them into our final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment