Wednesday 16 December 2015

Practical Task - Editing

As part of the editing practical, I decided to look into altering the sound within a clip when it sounds as though it is coming from headphones. To do this, I initially filmed a short series of shots of myself writing in a notebook whilst listening to headphones. In the clip, I then take my headphones out and look around before putting them back in. 



I began by importing all of the filmed footage into a new project in Final Cut Pro.







Following this, I dragged each of the clips into the timeline and detached the audio from each of the clips and deleted for all of the clips except the footage where the headphone is taken out.







I then briefly cut the clips so that they fit properly and only the usable footage remained. 






I then imported the song that would be heard through the headphones and through out the clip. I also edited some of the footage to make it fit better with the song and so that it flowed nicely.





I then used the blade tool to cut the song in time with where the headphone comes out of my ear and gets put back in again. I then added the Low-Fi effect from the audio effects tab.





I then added the no treble effect to make the music sound more tinny and as though the music was being heard through the headphones, which was the effect I was trying to create. 





I then added more layers and continued to add effects to make the music sound more as though it was coming out of the headphones. 




This is the final draft of the edited clip:


If I were to redo the sound again, I would make it less distorted and more grainy, to really get the tinny effect of the headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment